Peter Scott was for eight years until 2000 the Managing Partner of Eversheds London and European offices. He acts as an advisor, trainer and coach to many law firms and other professional firms in the UK and abroad in relation to their financial, strategic, people, and risk / compliance management issues, with particular focus on helping clients to improve their competitiveness through effective performance management. One of the roles he is most often asked to carry out for clients is to act as a ‘discreet mentor’ to managing partners and CEOs.
Peter is Editor of Practice Management Handbook (Law Society Publishing) now in its 2nd edition and a member of the Editorial board of Legal Compliance Bulletin published by the Law Society. He is a frequent speaker at conferences for lawyers and other professionals and his articles are published in a number of well known legal and other professional journals.
Examples of Subject Areas
– Developing performance related reward structures. The topic can be broken up into two parts – performance management on its own and performance related reward.
– Pricing, Performance and Profit. This focuses on the increasing demands by clients for fixed prices for work, which law firms are now having to get to grips with. It involves showing firms not only how to scope and price work safely but importantly how to manage work to a price, which requires project management skills to be brought to bear on legal work.
– Understanding finance for lawyers. Covering what lawyers need to do to make more profit and to drive stronger cash flow.
– Developing effective succession planning.
– How to forward plan in an uncertain world to secure a competitive advantage.